Thursday, October 18, 2012

Things you maybe don't want to have up on your screen during a grad school team meeting...

So, this morning, I was doing a little online shopping for bras. Brassieres. Over-the-shoulder-boulder-holders. You get the picture. So I found what I needed, put them in my shopping cart, then promptly got distracted and didn't finish the order. Tonight, I put the laptop on hibernate and hustled on down to the Lee Library to meet with my grad school team. When I got there, I turned on the laptop, and promptly realized that there were three lovely white bras modeled by three lovely headless torsos prominently displayed on my screen. Ack! Minimize! Quick, minimize!

I don't think anyone noticed. Phew. But that brings up two important questions about bra shopping. A. Which is creepier? Cropping the bra model's head out of the picture? or not cropping the model's head out of the picture? I wonder if bra models recognize their own body in the headless pictures. Could you pick your own boobs out of a bra ad lineup? And B. Why is it that the more expensive a bra is, the less satisfied I am with it? Maybe the uber-expensive ones are also uber-awesome, but I will never know because I refuse to pay $100 for a bra. But anytime I've paid more than about 15 bucks for one, I've been massively dissappointed.

Being a woman is complicated.

No comments: